Patching Up the Greenhouses

Up until recently we had a couple of those mini plastic greenhouses on the drive. Unfortunately they succumbedΒ to the high winds of the winter and we found them battered, ripped and thrown across the ground.

I decided rather than put them straight into the bin and in the true spirit of allotmenteering, I’d take them to the plot and see if I could find a use for them. Despite having cheap and easily ripped covers, the frames and shelves are quite hardy.


Using four of the tree stakes that we had left over from the fencing I have managed to secure them in one place by wedging them in between the stakes. It was also a really windy day today so I got to see how effective this method of securing them was (so far so good). Now this isn’t the best for access to anything inside the greenhouses but it gets them into action.

Using a piece of Perspex that I managed to come by, off an allotment neighbour, wedged in front of the greenhouses, I managed to replace the torn to bits doors.

Now this isn’t pretty and it is a bit of a faff to get in and out of them, but it does give me some protected seed space back, for free, and that can only be a good thing!!

Sarah

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s