We finally have our first snow of the year today here in Derbyshire! Although this is all very exciting for the kids, it did mean that our planned Sunday morning at the allotment went out of the window so to speak!
I’ve put together a little list of things to do that we can be getting on with for the allotment, but not whilst at the allotment…
- Organise Seeds
(I use a photo album and arrange seeds into monthly sowing order)
- Browse catalogues and order seeds
- Visit garden centres to buy seeds and supplies
- Sow seeds
- Make seed tape
- Take some time to read our ever growing collection of gardening & allotment books
- Take some inspiration from some of the many fantastic gardening blogs
- Create you perfect allotment mood board on Pinterest
- Draw up an allotment plan
- Create an Amazon allotment wish list
- Start an allotment Journal / Diary
- Start your own allotment blog
As I have said before, I’m always gobsmacked when I hear people say “there’s nothing to do this time of year”.