After relocating the strawberry bed late last year, I’m pleased to see that the new runners are now great little plants and all is looking well!
We now have quite a few flowers on the plants and in anticipation of some fruit I decided to pick up some straw to go around them.
As you may of seen from my instagram feed, I initially laid and pegged down a sheet of heavy duty membrane, which I then cut holes and planted the strawberry plants through.
I have now spread straw all around the area to stop the berries lying on the membrane and going rotten quickly. Although from what I can remember from last year, I’ll need to be pretty snappy about picking the fruit anyway!
Now the decision of whether to “straw” the pathways, I just love the look!